The RAF Sawbridgeworth memorial was dedicated and unveiled on Sunday May 14th 2006.The service started at 2.00pm but the public were there from 11:00am onwards. An estimated 200-300 people attended the service on what was a chilly but thankfully dry day.
- Sawbridgeworth (309 Squadron) ATC led the march on of the standard bearers
- The service was taken by Revd. Canon Robert Sibson and Revd. Rory Reynolds.
- The memorial was unveiled by David Morris and a member of the family of 2 (AC) Squadron pilot Peter Tonkin
- Ivor Harris, who was based at Sawbridgeworth in WW2 as a pilot with 2 (AC) Squadron, led the Act of Remembrance.
- Wing Commander Andy Hine, the current CO of 2 (AC) Squadron, represented the RAF.
- Wreaths were laid on behalf of the RAFA, 2 (AC) Squadron, 2 (AC) Sqdn. Association, the people of Sawbridgeworth, Paul Doyle and the HAMG.
- The day was completed with an excellent display by Maurice Hammond in his P-51 Mustang ‘Janie’
- 2 Squadron pilots old and new. L-R: Doug Reich, Andy Hine, Ivor Harris.
- Maurice Hammond and ‘Janie’